Saturday, October 17, 2009

Jaden's Fun week (and mine)



So last Sunday we ran up to the other church building to drop off some things to another group. While we were there (all of 10 min) Jaden got this finger smashed in one of those
3" thick solid wood doors. It ripped the root of the fingernail out and caused a minor fracture in the tip digit of his right pointer finger. They did a little "surgery" on his finger to reroot the root and then wrapped to protect and immobilize it. He cried so much more than when he got his compound fracture of his radius and ulna a few years ago. The finger has so many more nerves in it. Poor thing. The next day he got his head stuck in the high chair. (why he was messing around in it I still haven't figured it out) I almost had to take the chair apart to get his head out. He is such a funny little guy and definately has my accident prone skills :) Also, Elle woke up at 1am and started puking every hour for the next 12 hours. Between that Jaden was crying in the middle of the night that the pain meds wore off and his finger hurt. Man, I should get paid overtime for all of the extra hours I put in :) They of course are big enough payment. Kids are so amazing even when they have a tough time. I still love getting to be with them every minute.

1 comment:

Amanda Fifita said...

Oh, poor thing! Ouch! That sounds sooo painful. A similiar thing happened to me when I was his age, except it was a big thick door at the school. It was not to the extent that Jaden is having to endure. I wish him a speedy recovery! But it is one of those things that is going to take a while..... Yikes!