2019 happy Holidays and yearly family update
Happy 2020!!!
Can’t believe this year went by so fast!!
At this time of year I can’t help but stop and reflect on what happened each year and how things are going. 2019 has been a busy year but full of blessings and changes.
So let’s get started with the updates.
Youngest to oldest...
Elle. She is now 14 AND in high school! No more kids in middle school. It is soo awesome! Elle has been doing great adjusting to a busy new schedule. She enjoyed playing soccer this year, singing in the elite high school choir Aerie and plans on starting tennis here in the spring. She was voted as the freshman homecoming princess for the high school. She is learning sign language as her foreign language and doing so well. Jaden is very protective over her so I don’t think any boys have a chance with her. And I’m happy about that for a few more years. Keep them away!!
Jaden. He is a junior and started Running Start this year at Everett Community College. He is playing a sport every season so I couldn’t talk him into taking music lessons (he really did do voice lessons for me as a freshman). He was nominated for 2nd team all Wesco League running back. This was his first year as a running back and he did really well. He is doing awesome in basketball and loving it and is especially excited for track again. He took 5th in state as a sophomore in high jump and 2nd in the 16 and under state decathlon. We have no idea where he gets his hops. He also finished his Eagle Scout this year!! (Last one yay!!!)
Ian -Elder Roskelley is still serving a mission in Guatemala. He is loving Spanish and often forgets how to speak English on the phone with us. He is also trying to learn mum, kiche, and Portuguese. Each week when we get to talk to him he seems to have grown more mature and spiritually. He is usually slightly sunburned as well. He has gone through 3 pairs of shoes. He said he walks miles and miles everyday up & down steep mountains. But he loves it and most of all he loves the people and the gospel he is teaching. I am so grateful at 20 he chose to put his life on hold & serve our Savior.
Chase- attending BYU Idaho and has about 4 quarters left!! Then on to medical school. So, of course he is focusing on his grades and starting to look at MCAT practicums. (Not stressful at all) He has amazing roommates and has been making new friends and growing as a young adult. It’s so cool to see him back from his mission and the man he has become. Each time I look at him and his siblings I’m in awe that I get to have them as kids. They are truly way more awesome and loving than I.
This year my life has had the most change. I was asked to be an early morning seminary teacher and let me tell you. I love it soo much! I team teach and it is so wonderful to start my day with the scriptures. I also switched from being the school nurse to becoming a full time teacher (yes I’ll always be a nurse too) but I teach Anatomy & Physiology and Sports Medicine all day. I was so nervous to make the switch but the Lord has truly carried me through every day. I’m also surrounded by super supportive coworkers, family, friends and bosses. And I sure love all of those kids. I am excited everyday to teach them at church and school! Ryan has been keeping busy as an IT manager and the stake clerk still. He also has been the most supportive husband with my new jobs. He kicks in and takes on extra to help out. I still can’t believe he is mine for eternity. He lifts me up everyday. We celebrated our 25th anniversary together in Europe this year. It was a dream come true.
Looking back over this year you can see there has been a lot of changes. Sometimes challenges and blessings, but we’ve all learned and grown into better people. I am grateful for family, the gospel and loving people that are in my life and most of all for my Savior and all He did for me on this earth and I know He loves us all and will be there for us all always. Through good and bad times He will carry us and I think He loves us even more that we can understand. I pray we can all get a glimpse of that love this year and then share it with others.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
-The Roskelley Family.
No comments:
Post a Comment